Friday, September 9, 2011

New NFL Season Bothersome?

I, like many, am very excited for the start of the NFL season.  I watched last night's game almost like it was the Super Bowl all over again.  I wanted to talk about something that I've noticed over the last few weeks and I'm sure it will continue through this season. The whole, "Back to Football" slogan that the NFL is using. 

The first few times I saw it, it was neat.  Now it bugs me.  I'm not a big fan of creating your own problem, solving it, then congradulating yourself (something I'm sure they learned from watching the Government over the last several years).  I'm sure it works for a lot of people.  It probably helps in getting ahead at a job or something like that.  But when rich people in power do it, they control so much already, why make it so obvious that we are just on the sidelines with no say? 

For those that have been paying attention, we are being reminded almost on a daily basis, that we are all just sitting on the sidelines.  Waiting for someone to come on the T.V. and tell us how the problems are our own fault and they have a new solution for us.  The structure is in place and has been for a very long time.  It won't be changing any time soon.  We sit and watch.  They control and manipulate.  And everyone is OK with that. 

Don't like what you see?  Vote them out.  How many have really noticed that, no matter who is elected or not, the policy does not change?  Because the people in "power" don't really matter.  They do not have the real power to change anything.  But they tell us we can change it.  And we buy into it.  They have a plan.  How do they get us to go along with the plan?  They create the problems, for which, thier plan is the solution(more on this in a later blog).

I know that football is just a distraction.  I understand that.  It just bothers me to see the self inflicted pat on the back the NFL is doing now.  I'm like most people and I'm sure I use the "out of sight, out of mind" mentality more than I should.  But to put it on display, out in the open where you can't get away from it.  Just seams a little fishy.  "Look at what we did!  We solved the Lockout problem!".  Great.  Why did you let it happen in the first place?  We wouldn't be "Back to" Football if they didn't take it away in the first place.  I call shenanigans!

No comments:

Post a Comment