Friday, September 21, 2012

NFL Fantasy Football Week 1&2 Review, Week 3 Preview

Fantasy Football Updates
Redraft and Keeper League

Redraft League - Let's start with this team.  Currently sitting at 2-0.  Off to a great start, all my studs are producing and winning me games, just like they should. 

      Huge games from Matt Ryan and good numbers from all my running backs.  I drafted the Giants rookie Running Back, David Wilson, thinking he would be the #2 RB on the team.  That has been my biggest disappointment I think.  Currently he sits as maybe #3 on the depth chart, and in this league, he has not scored any points.  I also have only dropped one player, Juston Blackmon, WR for the Jags.  Not for any other reason than I needed to grab a TE to cover me while Aaron Hernandez is out.  I was able to get Brent Celek to take his place. 

     Pretty happy with this team so far.  Being 2-0 really helps.  I have 4 really good running backs and we can start 3, that's a great position to be in, especially this early in the season.  I have started Kevin Smith in my first two games but he will ride the pine this week.  I like my wide receivers, even though my best ones are banged up right now.  I have Jeremy Maclin and Pierre Garcon out with injuries right now.  I think they will get healthy and get back to having a good season for me.  Antonio Brown and Percy Harvin will keep things rolling for me. 

     I shouldn't have to worry about the waiver wire too much at all.  I still stick by my draft strategy of only drafting one TE, K, and Defense.  That has paid off this year, allowing me to draft more Wide Receivers and Running Backs, the more of those you grab, the higher your chances of ending up with some good ones.  The only draw back to this is the injuries that pop up.  Got bit by the Hernandez injury but got that covered, so far so good.  If you are going to have to cover an injured player, I think its better to have it happen early in the season when there are more good players will on the wire and not hidden away on some other teams bench. 

     The rest of the teams in the league are doing well and by that I mean putting up good numbers.  Winning games will not come easy in any week.  I feel confident about my chances of getting into the playoffs this year and from there, its any ones guess.  I just plan to stoke this little fire I have going now and see where it leads. 

Keeper League - Ugh.....  0-2.  Where should I start with this crew?

     I wasn't 100% happy with my team after the draft but I felt I had plenty of potential to wins some games.  My 0-2 start, I feel, has more to do with tough games at the start of the season for most of my guys.  Aaron Rodgers played against the 49ers, Bears and the Seahawks this Monday Night.  All tough defenses and while I think the Packers can win against the Hawks, I don't expect better than average stats from this game.   I will have a lot riding on it though.  I will start Rodgers and Nelson from the Pack and Lynch and the Hawks Defense.  While I will be rooting for both teams to have a good game, I always want the Pack to win.  Going to be tough for both teams and hopefully a great game to watch.

     My running backs have been OK.  Lynch put up some great numbers last week against the Cowboys and Kevin Smith had a great first week and just an OK week 2 - but just about anyone have who played the 49ers.  I'm keeping an eye on the Lions backfield.  Hoping Smith can hang on to his starting spot for at least a while longer.  The 3 rookies I drafted haven't done much of anything yet.  I drafted Turbin, mostly as a handcuff for Lynch who, at the time, had a possible league suspension hanging over his head.  I might hang on to him just for insurance for Lynch.  If Lynch does not start I feel Turbin can step in and get close to what Lynch would get. 

     The other 2 guys, not so much.  I drafted Pead from the Rams thinking, like almost everyone else, that he would end up as the #2 behind Jackson.  That hasn't happened.  So far he has only got a hand full of carries and works mainly on special teams.  If this changes soon I might hang on to him, but if he can't get to the #2 spot, he will get dropped.  Same issue with Hillman from Denver.  Drafted him thinking #2 RB on a great running team.  Nope!  Here he sits as #3.  Same thing with Pead, if he doesn't move up the roster soon, I'll have to look elsewhere.  I did make a move this week.  I dropped Javon Ringer and picked up Martellus Bennett - TE for the Giants.  I saw how many passes were being thrown his way and in a PPR format, that can be a great thing.  I started him this week and he played Thursday Night and already grabbed a few passes and a TD to get me off to a good start. 

     My receivers have been just OK.  I'm perplexed by what is happening with Welker in New England.  I have to keep starting him and hope things turn around.  Maclin is hurt, he's great when he plays so I'm hoping he won't loose much more time.  Jennings is hurt, this one doesn't hurt as much since I have been starting Nelson anyways.  I drafted Kenny Britt, even with his bad knees and suspension.  Now that he's back on the field and cleared for full playing time, I'm hoping he can produce some good stats and make up for possibly losing Kevin Smith in the near future.  I'm starting Michael Bush this week with Forte being out.  Not sure how much time Forte will miss, but any time he's out, Bush will be a must start for my team.  That's why I drafted him so I better use him. 

     I'm really happy with the way the Seahawks Defense has been playing.  They manhandled the Cowboys last week.  Not sure what to expect Monday Night with the Packers.  I'm hoping for good stats for everyone, both of these teams are too good for any huge blow out to happen.  I'm playing against the league champ this week and to have everything come down to Monday Night, I might not have much hair left on my head after this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment