Saturday, December 8, 2012

Fantasy Football Season Review-Post Season Start

Fantasy Football Season Review
Post Season Preview

Standard League - Record 7-6
     The last month of the regular season was a nail biter.  After leading the division and heading for a post season bye week, I lost 3 games in a row to lose the division lead.  I had to win the last game of the season to get into the playoffs.  I won and was able to grab the last wild card spot. 

     The last few weeks of the season I was dropping some dead weight and picking up players that are peaking at a good time.  I do have a strong team but my opponent this week does too.  I will need some really good games from my studs to pull this one out.  My guys do not have any "bad" match ups this week, but you never know when a defence will step up and play well. 

     Just like I planned, I am loaded at the running back position.  The bad thing is, now I have to choose who to start.  Guys are getting healthy and starting to play well.  I know DeMarco Murray is back but, with Ray Rice, Doug Martin and I picked up Bryce Brown this week, Murray will sit on the bench.  He would get the start if we could start more running backs.  I also have Maurice Jones-Drew waiting in the wings - if he gets healthy enough to start.  I can't look to far ahead.  I have to win this week first. 

     Since I am starting 3 running backs, that means I can only start 2 wide receivers.  I'll go with Randall Cobb and Josh Gordon.  I have Jeremy Maclin, Antonio Brown and Justin Blackmon on the bench.  I like Maclin, especially with DeShawn on IR.  But I don't feel like he will help me this week.  The Eagles have a rookie QB playing now and if he cannot get things going, Maclin will suffer.  Plus, I added Bryce Brown this week and since McCoy has been out, Brown has been putting up huge fantasy numbers.  I'll go with Brown.  I had Percy Harvin sitting on my bench for the last few weeks and just found out he is on the IR - ending his season.  He is now the only guy on my team with no chance of playing.  If I make it to the next round, I will drop him and grab another receiver. 

     The match up this week is a good one.  Our teams are pretty equal and have about the same potential to put up huge games.  The only real position that I think I have an advantage on is the tight end.  I will start Aaron Hernandez and he has Vernon Davis.  Davis is good and can have big games but over all has had a down season.  Hernandez has been more consistent and actually has been getting more targets since the injury to Gronk. 

     Fingers are crossed this week.  I feel confident.  Going to be fun games to watch this week.


PPR Dynasty League - Record 5-8
     Lost the last 3 games of the season.  My team was still in the playoff hunt until the last game.  I needed to win and needed another team to lose.  They lost, but so did I.  Adding insult to injury, I will receive the dreaded "Tranny Award" for my division.  At the end of each season, the teams with the worst record in each division trade divisions. 

     Being this is a dynasty league, the season is never really over.  Since the regular season has ended, I have already completed a trade.  Teams in the playoffs will try to grab players from other teams to help them win.  Those of us that missed out will be trying to plan for the draft for next season.  The trade I made was for a draft pick.  I was able to nab a 12th round pick for the Seattle defence.  I might try to make a few trades before all the games are said and done. 

     I have a few players that I will be keeping for next season.  I also have a few young players that I will evaluate and decide to drop or keep.  It's tough every year to try and decide to keep a guy and lose a draft pick.  If you have a guy that didn't have a great season, but has high potential, is he worth giving up a draft pick for?  On paper, my team is pretty good.  Had a few bad injuries pop up in the last few weeks.  Can't really do much about that. 

     Time to pour over endless stats, projections and speculation.  Let the research begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment