Monday, December 17, 2012

Stadard League Season Review

Standard League Season Review
 
 
 
Post Season Record 1-1
 
     It can be such an bad feeling when you load up your team for the playoffs, get a huge win in the first game and start talking smack.  Only to fall flat the next game and lose by 20 points.  Most owners know the feeling of having a stud player have a bad game or taking  gamble and have it backfire.  I had all that happen this weekend.  I only had good games from 3 guys, Matt Ryan,  DeMarco Murray and Hernandez.  Other then that.... not much.  Between Ray Rice and Doug Martin I got 1 stinkin' point.  Also got a combined 1 point from both of my wide receivers, I started Jordon and Alexander.  
 
     My team was just outplayed this week.  My opponent had Drew Brees, The Law Firm, Alfred Morris and Eric Decker - those guys alone won him the game, he only scored 5 points between the rest of his team.  I only left 14 points on my bench so no matter who I started I still would have lost.  At least I can say that, it's not like I left a guy out that ended up having a career game - I've had that happen before. 
 
     There is not much I could have changed at the end of the year.  I picked up guys of the waiver wire that helped me out (and kept them away from the other teams).  I didn't have too many injuries.  I didn't have to scramble to keep my team together either.  Just got handed a few bum games.  I feel better than the last few years when I got into the playoffs but lost the first game.  I was able to keep the fun going for a few more weeks this time around. 
 
     Looking ahead to next season, I know that I won't have a chance to get a team this loaded again.  I knew some rookies would pay off and they did and that helped me to spend draft picks on big names early on.  Now most of my team is made up of big names.  That's the neat thing about a Re-Draft League, everyone gets a clean slate each year.  Man, what I wouldn't give to keep a few of these guys for next year though.   

No comments:

Post a Comment