Wednesday, September 11, 2013

NFL Fantasy Football Week1 Review

     Dedraft League: Week 1
     Loss 64-94
     0-1

Stunk up the league this week.  Got very little production out of some big names.  Granted, there were a lot of really good games against tough defenses in week 1 so I'm not too concerned about future games.  Between Spiller and MJD I only got 4 points.  Ouch.  I can't feel too bad though.  I put up the best team I could.  The only exception was Eddie Lacey from Green Bay.  He actually had a good day.  But that would not have helped. I was out scored big time.  Adding in Lacey's 9 point game would not have made a dent.  Not much else to say about this team at the moment.  No one got hurt and everyone has better match ups this week.  Hoping for some bounce back performances from most of my running backs. 



     Keeper League: Week 1
     Loss 124.08 - 133.30
     0-1

Fared a little better but still not enough to pull off the win.  Going into Monday night, I needed good games from both Garcon and DeShawn.  Got the good game from DeShawn.  I figured that if I could get 100 yards and a TD from each guy I could win.  I was getting mad at the Redskins as they fell behind and kept rushing the ball.  I got some horrible games from my running backs.  Lynch faced a tough game and only got me 6 points.  Ingram only got 1.  That hurt.  I think I'll start Mendenhall this week.  He didn't have a great game last week, but he's still the main guy in that backfield and I feel better with him over Ivory and Ingram.  I wasn't expecting much from my rookies and didn't get much.  Michaels got nothing and Patterson was only used on a few passing plays and he ran back a few kicks so he was able to get a few points.  I'm hoping Patterson gets more playing time soon.  I don't feel too excited to be starting Davis but he did have a good game against Green Bay and should do well as teams are now aware of how they will be using Boldin. 

My opponent had a great game from Cruz this week.  If he had even half his points I would have won. It's not every week he will score 3 touchdowns.   My teams don't score a ton of points so it's a matter of trying to have good match ups and have the other team hit a snag somewhere.  My philosophy has been start who I have and hope the other team just sucks this week.  Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment