Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Fantasy Football Week 3 Review

Fantasy Football Week 3 Review

Redraft League - Standard Scoring

Result - Win

Score 61-29

Record - 2-1

Power Ranking - 3rd

     Had a good week.  This team had a few tough match ups but it just worked out that the other team had even worse games.  I put up 0's from 3 different players.  It's hard to imagine winning watching that unfold.  A couple of my bigger names got hurt or didn't play well.  Spiller had 0, Finley put up 0 but he got knocked out of the game on his first target of the game.  Hilton also had 0 in a tough game against the 49ers.  The Colts ran the ball a lot so I didn't get much out of Luck either, but at least he ran in a TD. 

     I had great games from Charles and Brown.  Charles has been a great RB for me so far this year.  Brown, I drafted him with some high expectations and it is now starting to pay off.  14 from Charles and 21 from Brown. 

     Bye weeks start now.  I only have 1 guy on a bye and it's Finley.  He probably wouldn't play anyways but had to mine the waiver wire for a TE.  We'll see how that ends up.  Other than the injury to Finley, I think I still look good heading into the next few weeks.  Lacey did not play this week but should be fine after the bye.   I benched MJD this week as he was playing against the Seahawks and of course he has a good game and scores a TD.  He is hurt and was playing one of the best Defenses in the NFL so I stand by that benching.  Sounds like the Steelers will be able to play Bell soon.  That will give me more depth at RB and if he starts doing well I can add him to my normal starting rotation. 

     Plus, I have Josh Gordon that I can start now also.  I drafted Gordon knowing he would be good once he came back from suspension but I thought it might take a few games.  He put up 14 points this week.  I cannot expect that kind of production every week, especially from the Browns but if he can stay consistent that will help me out as the season progresses.

Keeper League - PPR Scoring

Result - Win

Score   118.69 - 110.23

Record 2-1

Power Ranking - 2nd

     Talk about a nail biting come from behind game!  I went into the Sunday night game down by about 28 points.  Other team was done for the week and sitting with a pretty comfortable lead.  My last player, Brown has been good but not great so I was expecting a loss.  Brown went off and scored my 36.26 points.  Enough to come from behind and win.  I needed those points after some bad games earlier in the day.  Rodgers played well, but only scored 17.  Lynch had a good game but it was almost like a preseason game for the Seahawks as they started pulling out their starters in the 3rd quarter.  Not much from Mendenhall, 4.6.  I started Marlon Brown in place of Vernon David this week and he only got 1.6.  Davis did not play.  I probably won't start Marlin again and might even look to drop him soon.  Also had a huge day from Murray 27.8 points.  (side note - DeShawn Jackson put up 7.7, I hope this trade keeps working out for me)

     So, I won but didn't have the best game and not nearly as good as I could have had.  You have to make moves to stay ahead of the curve but I made a few that I would have liked to have back.  I should have blown this other team out of the water.  Biggest regret was dropping the Carolina defense for the Bills.  My main reason for that was Panthers were playing the Giants and even though the Giants are not very good they have been throwing for a ton of yards and in this league, that can kill a defense in scoring.  I figured the Bills playing the Jets, I'd be good.  The Giants picked a heck of a time to suck the most.  Panthers D put up 32 points while I got 2.5 from the Bills. 

     I've always liked the Seahawks kicker and I was able to pick him up this week.  I did have the 49ers kicker so dropping him was good as he only kicked 1 extra point this week.  I'll probably hang on to Hauschka for a while, at least until his bye week.  I did pick up Danny Woodhead.  I like that he catches a lot of passes.  He put up 10 points last week.  Mendenhall is not a sure fire every week start and having Woodhead give me a little wiggle room to play matchups a bit.  I'll start him this week. 

     I'm starting Sam Bradford this week in place of Rodgers (bye week).  I know he doesn't have a great match up against the 49ers but he has been out scoring his projections every week.  Plus, the 49er defense is not what it used to be.  Might be a sneaky start.  I drafted Josh Gordon in this league also.  He put up 27.8 in this league.  He starts this week too. 

     Chris Ivory is hurt again.  His back up went out and ran for over 150 yards.  I'll hang on to him but I don't have too much confidence he will be a starter for me.  I'm still hanging on to Patterson also.  He is playing well and I think he will only get more and more playing time.  He is getting some good points since he also returns kicks, which we get points for return yardage.  As soon as he starts scoring on a more consistent basis I'll plug him in.  My hope is that I'll end up with more starting WRs that I can handle and I can make a few more trades. 

     I'm still the scoring leader in this league, not by much, but still.  My win this week was against a division opponent so that will factor in down the line.  Right now my team is ranked 2nd over all.  Feels good but at the same time, almost undeserved.  But, maybe every owner goes through this, even with a team winning, still having doubts about who to start, drops and adds and all of it.  I'm playing the lowest ranked team in our league this week.  If I can beat him I'll brag a little but you never know.  Sometimes it's the ones you least expect......

No comments:

Post a Comment