Thursday, December 12, 2013

Fantasy Football Playoffs Week 1 Review Redraft Standard, Keeper PPR

Redraft League - Standard Scoring

Result: Win
Score: 85-53

     I was none too happy about losing the last game of the season and missing out on the Bye Week, but I was very happy to have one of my best games of the season this week.  I don't think I went all season with almost every one of my guys scoring a TD the same week.  RB Charles led the charge with 19 points followed by WR Gordon with 14.  In total I had 6 out of 9 players score in the double digits.  I was helped by the other team, they started RB Bush, who was a last minute scratch from his game.  He also got 0 from his Defense.  Lots of tough games last week. 

     Prepping for this next week, I picked up a couple of players.  TE Clay was available so I grabbed him, he will start for me with week.  I let go TE Reed, since his concussion a few weeks ago, he has not been able to play.  I also picked up QB McCown, he has been playing great (5 TDs last week).  Then I just learned he will not play this week.  Oh well.  I still have QB Smith and Luck.  Leaning towards Smith right now.  But I know that Smith has not taken advantage of having easy match ups and Luck had a good match up too and he did play well against Houston earlier this season.  Most of my line up will stay the same, except TE Clay starting now.  You have to dance with the one that brought you!


Keeper League - PPR Scoring

Result: Loss
Score: 114.79-160.37

     This was a horrible game.  Plus, my opponent has a few players on his team that I have in the other league (Charles and Luck) and they had big games, over 70 points between the two.  I thought I was in the money with my trade for Stafford, who was starting against the Eagles who have been giving up a ton of points to QBs.  Then the snow hit.  Stafford fumbled the first snap.  I face palmed hard.  He only put up 6 points.....

     RB Murray had a good game buy Lynch did not, he usually plays really well against the 49ers but they did a good job against him this time.  WR Brown had the most points for my team this week at 22.  WR Garcon put up a 6.  Just a flat week from my team at the worst possible time. 

     Being that this is a keeper league, I'm in a good position already for next season.  I have to make some decisions but I will most likely keep a good chunk of my team in place.  On the fence about keeping WR Patterson.  He has finally been getting chances with the ball and playing really well.  I'm loaded at the WR position right now.  I'll have to see how things shake down for the other teams in the play offs.  Waiver Wire is locked but trading can happen all year long.  I know some guys that can and will make a lot of trades to "go all out" and try to win this year.  I might be able to grab a few draft picks or young players for next year.  I will have to decide what to do about my RBs also.  Lynch, Murray, Ivory and Woodhead. I'll just hope that there are no catastrophic injuries for the rest of the season. 

     All in all, this was a good season in this league.  I was the #2 team for most of the year and top scoring during that time also.  I learned that keeping up on the news and doing research on guys that are on the wire really pays off.  Woodhead and Jeffery were taken from there.  Already looking forward to next season.

No comments:

Post a Comment