Saturday, December 21, 2013

Fantasy Football Playoffs Week 2 Standard League

Redraft League - Standard Scoring
Playoffs Week 2 Result: Win
Score: 131-41

     Could not have asked for a better performance from my team and right when I needed it.  I'll have to admit that I was more than just a little worried heading into this match up.  My opponent ran over just about every team in the league this year and finished the season at 10-3 and in first place.  His team is really strong.  Heavy on the Broncos, who just happen to score a ton on the field and in fantasy leagues.  He starts, QB Manning, WR Decker, RB Moreno and TE Thomas so he usually has high scoring games.  That is, unless the Broncos have a bad game.  They have only done that a couple of times this season.  With WR Welker being out the last few weeks, I figured Decker, Moreno and Thomas would all receive more targets and put up more points then their average.  The Broncos were playing the Chargers and they have been playing well lately.  So I had my fingers crossed.


     I figured my team would have just an OK week.  A few tough match ups and a few good ones but nothing that stood out.  I started all my normal players.  The only change was QB Luck instead of QB Smith, these two have been about even all year.  Luck has more total points but he is less consistent.  Smith has not played great when he had a good match up so I left him on the bench.  And of course the Chiefs had an amazing game against the Raiders.  My RB Charles had one of the best fantasy days of any player ever.  I think he made it into the top 5 ever.  In this league he put up 40 points.  Only 20 rushing yards and 1 rush TD but 195 and 4 TDs through the air.  Which also meant that Smith would have shared in those TD for me.  Smith had 31 points on my bench. 

     We both started  player that put up a 0.  The rest of his team just did not produce last week.  His projected points per player were around 7 or 8 for most of his team and he ended up with 1s and 2s.  My team was helped by games that featured great comebacks.  The Packers and Cowboys game was great and featured one of the great comebacks ever.  RB Lacey ate them up in the second half and put up a total of 14 pints for me.  My kicker, K Bailey for Cowboys put up 20. 

     This win put my team in the Championship Game.  I feel pretty good about my chances this week.  The only real question I have is my QB position.  Last week I picked up McCown from Chicago - then Cutler got healthy and came back so McCown was benched.  So this week I dropped McCown and picked up Cutler.  So now I have 3 QBs to choose from for this last and most important game.  Right now I have Smith starting.  Chiefs are playing the Colts and the game is in Kansas City.  Home for Smith and away for Luck.  The Bears are playing the Eagles in Philly so an away game for Cutler as well.  Cutler has the best match up but the last good QB match up in Philly did not work out so well for me (Stafford in the now....).  My opponent and I are evenly matched and the projected pints are almost even.  71 for me and 69 for him.  I feel this will be a close game no matter what I do at the QB position.  This game is for all the marbles! 

No comments:

Post a Comment