Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Fantasy Football Regular Season Wrap Up and Play Offs

Redraft League -  Standard Scoring
Final Record: 7-5-1
Final Power Rank: 5th

     Went into this last game with a lot on the line.  I was second over all in this league and a win would give me a first round bye in the playoffs.  I had already secured a play off spot but I was going after that bye.  I decided to bench QB Luck this week and he will likely stay there unless QB Smith gets hurt.  Luck has dragged my team down the last few weeks.  Smith had a good game.  In fact, most of my team had good games. 

     Had great games from WRs Brown and Jeffery, both had career numbers.  Brown had 25 and Jeffery had 24.  I put Garcon on the bench this week and that worked out, he only put up 3.  I have been having issues with my TEs the last several weeks and it continued this week.  I benched TE Miller and started TE Reed - who did not start because he got a head ache right before the game. 

     My Kicker, Folk, only got one Field Goal.  I figured the Jets would need to kick a lot of Field Goals to stay in the game but they have not been good enough even for that.  I left RB Bell on the bench in favor of Lacey.  Lacey got 1 point and Bell got 12.  Spiller got 13 and MJD got 9.  I can't really trust either of those guys but it sucks that they had good games sitting on the bench. 

     Looking ahead to the play offs for this week.  I only made one move this week, I dropped Folk and picked up Bailey for my kicker spot.  The Cowboys score way more than the Jets and even if it's just extra points, I needed a better kicker.  My line up for this game is about the same as last week.  I am starting TE Miller.  Reed is not a lock to play this week and I don't want a situation like last week again.  Starting QB Smith again too.  The Chiefs are playing the Redskins and he should have a good game.  I know Smith is not known for throwing a ton of TDs and yardage but he has been more consistent than Luck.  I don't usually like starting multiple players from the same team but I feel like it's the best option for right now.  I have QB Smith and RB Charles from the Chiefs and WR Brown and TE Miller from the Steelers.  Anything is better than a 0!



Keeper League - PPR Scoring
Final Record: 8-5
Final Power Rank: 3rd

     Went into this last game, again, knowing that I already had a playoff spot locked up but I wanted to finish on a high note.  I was playing one of the bottom ranked teams but you never know.  He made a trade for Payton Manning and he had a great game, scoring 43.  I was not so lucky with my QB.  I went with Flynn and got 1. 

     I had great games from RB Murray and WR Jeffery.  Murray put up 30 and Jeffery 42.  The rest of my team did just OK.  I started RB Brown.  Earlier in the week they named him the starter.  I gave him a shot.  He had a bad game until the last drive when he came up with a TD and gave me 13 points.  Woodhead, Brown and Lynch all had quiet games. 

     I made some moves to get my team ready for the playoffs.  I dropped Flynn and picked up Roethlisberger.  He doesn't put up the best numbers but way better than I had been getting over the last few weeks.  I also picked up the Steeler DEF.  They have some good match ups over the next few games so I'll play them or the Browns, depending on who they are up against.  Browns are playing the Patriots so I won't start them.  All my other players have good match ups coming up so I shouldn't have to make any big changes to the line up unless someone gets hurt. 

     I made a big trade also.  With QB Rodgers still out and not knowing for sure when he will be playing again I would have to start a back up QB.  I was going to go with Roethlisberger and I also picked up Fitzpatrick.  I was not excited about starting either one but had Roethlisberger in my line up.  I got a trade offer, Rodgers for Lions QB Stafford.  There were also some draft picks that would be traded.  I had to think about this one for a while.  Being that this is a keeper league, whoever I had as my QB, Rodgers or Stafford, would more than likely be my QB next year as well.  I had to look at match ups for Stafford for the next 3 games and looks good.  He has not scored less than 25 points over the last 7 games and that will help me now.  He's a young player, only 25 and plays with a team that passes a ton, how can you not with Calvin Johnson as the #1 WR.  So, I decided to make the trade. I looked at age, Rodgers is 30, Stafford is 25 as well as team upside.  Rodgers has a legit running game now.  He won't have to throw all the time to win games.  Stafford has a good run game also but he throws to those RBs a lot too.  The Packers are a great team and Rodgers is their best player but I think Stafford is probably ranked just below him.  I don't want to waste all the hard work this year just to keep Rodgers.  My plan is Stafford will help me win in the play offs and he will provide a solid starting QB for my team for the next several seasons.  Fingers crossed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment