Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Fantasy Football Week 4 Review

Redraft League - Standard Scoring

Week 4 Result - Loss

Score  49-55

Record 2-2

Power Ranking 6th

     Losing sucks but losing by only 6 points sucks even more.  Bye weeks are here and I always do the same thing, I wait until the last minute to try and get them covered.  This week my TE was on bye - Finley.  I picked up a TE that didn't look too bad - Fauria from the Lions.  I did no research on this guy, I just saw he was available and on a team that throw a lot so I grabbed him and started him.  I could have just started Finley this week, they scored the same.....

     Not really sure what is going on with my running backs now.  I think I'll have to keep MJD on the bench - he scored me a 1.  I left Spiller on the bench this week but that wouldn't have mattered as he only put up 3 points.  I would hate to start benching these guys on a regular basis but until they start playing better I won't have a choice.  I have to start Spiller this week, as of right now he's a game time decision and he plays Thursday night.  I feel good about my other running backs.  I have Eddie Lacey off a bye week and he will start this week.  Le'Veon Bell will be another starter for me this week.  I did not know how the Steelers would use him last week, being his first NFL game ever.  I left 15 points on the bench.  I knew he would be their bell cow I just didn't know it would start in his first game. 

      Luck had a good game.  He's playing against the Seahawks in Seattle this week, I won't expect much.  I have to start Hilton this week to cover a bye.  He hasn't done much yet and against Seattle, I'll expect even less.  Most of my better players are all of a sudden playing defenses that are getting better.  I'm not throwing in the towel this week, but with all my matchups and my opponent being the 1st ranked team in the league and undefeated.....I don't like my chances but stranger things have happened. 


Keeper League

Week 4 Result - Win

Score  147.67 - 112.70

Record  3-1

Power Ranking 2nd

     Had a really good game.  I was a little worried about having Stafford cover Rodger's bye week.  Stafford had been playing good but he had a bad game, only putting up 12 points.  My opponent started Russell Wilson who had a down game also just getting 12 points.  My lowest score of the day came with Josh Gordon with 9.  My idea of trading around a few players to get a few with higher score projections paid off.  I grabbed the Titans D, which put up 27.  Started Woodhead who had a great game with 23. 

     Had good games from my RBs this week.  I was helped with the other team starting McFadden who only scored 2 before getting hurt.  Lynch put up 19.  He should have a good game this week at home against the Colts. 

     Looking ahead to next week.  I get Rodgers back, I loose Garcon and Brown to bye weeks.  My opponent looses Adrian Peterson to a bye week.  He has 3 starters on bye this week so I'm hoping to take advantage.  The guy I'm playing against is ranked 3rd and is also 3-1 and on a 3 game winning streak.  Rodgers playing at home against the Lions, I'm hoping for a shoot out.  I'm also looking for some good points out of my new waiver wire pick up, Alshon Jeffery from the Bears.  He's been getting a ton of targets the last few weeks and the Bears playing against the Saints - I'm hoping the Bears fall behind early and have to throw a ton.  Nice upside with him.  Starting Justin Blackmon also.  Not too excited but he is a big weapon for them and is fresh after serving a 4 game suspension.  Probably not going to have a first game like Gordon had a few weeks ago.....I'll settle for half of those points.  Starting the Titans D against the Chiefs.  Has the makings of a defensive battle, low scoring and not a lot of yards given up on either side.  Smells like points for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment