Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Fantasy Football Week 5 Review Keeper and Redraft Leagues

Redraft League - Standard Scoring

Result - Loss
Score 94-88
Record - 2-3
Power Ranking - 5th

     It's was a tough loss.  I had the second highest point total in the league this week.  My opponent has 4 Broncos on his roster.  QB, RB, WR and TE - I figured 2 of those guys might have good games but not all 4.  78 points from those 4 guys. Ouch.  Putting up 88 points, my guys did have some good games.  Luck had a really good game against the Seahawks - I almost benched him just based on the match up.  That same match up was the reason I left Hilton on the bench, he doesn't score a very much and going against the Hawks, I figured I had better options this week.  Wow, big mistake, Hilton goes off for 19. 

     My pick up from last week, Alshon Jeffery, came through just like I thought he would.  He also set a record for the Bears in receiving yards.  He put up 16 in this league.  He will probably stay in the line up this week also as the Bears play the Giants.  Huge amount of targets the last few weeks and it's starting to pay off.  I was hoping MJD would have a good game against the Rams but that didn't happen.  He has been horrible for me.  I hate to say it but if I don't need him to cover a bye week, I'll have to sit him until he starts putting up something, anything more than what he has been.  He can have a seat right next to Spiller.  I have Bell back from bye week so he will get the start this week. 

      I have to make some decisions on WR each week.  Between who I drafted and my recent waivers, I'm deep at WR.  I can't start everyone each week, wish I could.  I get Garcon and Brown off bye this week to go along with Gordon and Jeffery.  Going to be tough to decide who to start - we have 2 WR spots and 1 Flex.  I'm going to try and get a TE off the waivers this week.  Finley, he's OK, but has been putting up small numbers each week.  I have to do something about that.  Pretty thin out there. 


Keeper League - PPR Scoring

Result - Win
Score 167.87 - 82.56
Record 4-1
Power Ranking - 1st

     Had a pretty amazing game here.  I felt this game was going to be a lot closer.  My opponent was hampered by a few in game injuries and some tough match ups that limited some heavy hitters on his roster (he did have Tony Romo on his bench but that wouldn't have helped).  He only got 12 points from Vick before he got hurt and Reggie Bush put in 8 in a tough game against the Packers.  Of course I had Rodgers in the game also.  Rodgers had a good game, not great.  I think he ranked 15th this week in QBs.  He did put up almost 20 though.  I had a couple of good games from my 2 RBs, Lynch and Murray, each putting in 11.  Not great but good.  I've been really happy with my pick up of Danny Woodhead, he put up 17 this week.  He should see more chances to score points now that Ryan Mathews is going to miss some time. 

     Started 3 WRs this week and they all put up really good numbers.  Blackmon 22, Gordon 16 and Alshon Jeffery with 32.  I had Garcon and Brown on bye this week and those have been my main WRs so far this season.  Now I have 5 WRs capable of putting up huge numbers every week, 4 are No.1 WRs on their teams.  Going to be tough.  I'll probably have to really watch the match ups.  But that has bitten me before. 

     Had some really good scoring from my kicker and defense this week.  I started the Browns against Buffalo and they scored me 19.  I also have the Titans D on my roster so I'll rotate those 2 around match ups.  Hauschka had a great game, adding 17.  He doesn't score a ton but he has been doing really good since I picked him up a few weeks ago.  I probably won't look to make any moves this week but I'll still look to see who's available.  I have a couple of guys on my roster that are just taking up space right now but I need them for depth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment