Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Fantasy Football Week 7 Review

Redraft League - Standard Scoring

Result - Win
Score 67-63
Power Rank - 5th

     Had a pretty good week this time around.  Most of my team showed up and put up some good numbers.  I knew I would have to have good games this week since my opponent has a really good team.  Stafford at QB with McCoy and Martin at RB.  My QB, Luck, put up his best game of the year so far.  Scored 26 points for me.  I also started WR Hilton, I figured Luck and Hilton would pair up and I could double dip on the TDs this week.  That has yet to happen this season for me.  Colts WR Wayne is now lost for the season so maybe Hilton will get more chances going forward.  Luck will be my every week starter at QB regardless. 

     I did get hit with a bad injury this week.  My TE Finley was carted off the field on a stretcher.  They are saying he has a bruised spinal cord.  He is likely done for the season.  With Finley done and my other TE on  bye this week, I will try to pick up a guy to cover the rest of the season.  I am targeting TE Reed from the Redskins. 

     I am the underdog again this week.  The other team is pretty good.  Luck is on a bye this week so I am starting Alex Smith.  Not a great back up QB but he does play good and there is a chance that having RB Charles also can lead to some double TD points as Charles does catch a lot of passes. 


Keeper League - PPR Scoring

Result - Loss
Score 110.09 - 139.20
Power Rank - 2nd

     This guy has beaten me twice.  Even worse, he is in my division.  I hope this does not come back to bite me as we head into the playoffs.  My team was just OK this week.  My WRs didn't have the types of games that they have been recently.  That does not help when the other team puts up huge numbers from a few guys.  He started the Panthers D (which I dropped only to cover a bye week and wanted to pick them up again, oh well, you snooze you lose), which put up 24.  RB Forte and WR Johnson combined for over 60 points. 

  Had a great game from QB Rodgers.  Might have been the best game of the season from him so far, he put up 32.  I also had good games from both of the RBs that I started.  Lynch and Woodhead.  Each scored 15.  I'm hoping Murray will be able to make it back on the field soon.  I escaped this week with no other injuries.

     I have a couple of guys on bye week this week.  Only Woodhead would be starting out of that group.  So that leaves me starting either Mendenhall or Ivory.  Ivory had a good game last week, getting 34 touches and running for over 100 yards.  I know Mendenhall scored a TD last week but he had less than 20 yards rushing.  I think Ivory will have a better week.  Even if Murray does play this week I think I'll sit him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment