Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Fantasy Football Week 6 Review Dynasty PPR and Standard Redraft Leagues

Standard Scoring - Redraft League

Result - Tie
Score 42-42
Record 2-3-1
Power Rank - 7th

     What is this? Soccer?  I guess I'd rather have a tie than a loss.  This was a really close game.  It all came down to the Monday night game.  I had QB Luck and he had RB Mathews.  I was up by 4 heading into the game, I figured I'd pick up a couple of TDs and sail to an easy win.  Well, the San Diego D stepped up and shut down the Colts.  I got 1 stinkin' point for Luck.  Mathews went on to run up 100 rushing yards which is good for 5 points in this league. 

     Had a couple of guys not produce very much.  I started WR Jeffery and he came away with 1 point.  Garcon and Finley each put up 3.  I started RB Bell this week and he only put up 2.  I was hoping for a TD.  No big injuries this week.  Sounds like RB Charles is on pace for a huge work load this season.  I hope his legs can handle it. 

     I did leave a few points on the bench this week.  Looking back at the match ups that I had, I would have started the same guys though.  RB MJD decided to play and score some points this week, putting up 9.  RB Lacey is starting to be more consistent, he put up 6, all based on yardage.  I'll keep an eye on his match ups for sure. 

     I am the underdog again this week.  My opponent has a strong team.  I'm hoping for a shoot out between the Broncos and Colts, I need some TDs from Luck and I'm going to start WR Hilton this week too.  I'm also starting RB Lacey.  I think with the Packers losing a couple more WRs, TE Finley will see more catches and I hope they will run like they did last week. 




Keeper League - PPR Scoring

Result - Win
Score 129.70-94.50
Record 5-1
Power Rank - 1st

     Down Goes Murray!  Probably the biggest news for my team this week.  RB Murray has a sprained knee and could miss a few games.  I'd rather him not play for a few weeks and get healthy than try and play each week, because if he plays, I'll have to start him and being hurt like that.....  I didn't grab any handcuff for Murray.  Most of the other guys are a little banged up also.  I knew this would pop up sooner or later but if not for Murray, I'm not sold on the other Cowboys RBs. 

     SO, I did win this week.  5th in a row.  Longest winning streak I've had in this league.  I put up 129 and I left quite a few points on my bench too.  I really only had 2 players not have good games.  WR Jeffery and my D - the Browns.  I have the Titans D but I went with the Browns since the Titans were playing in Seattle.  Browns scored 3.5 Titans put up 16.  Biggest surprise was Vernon Davis.  He put up 34 in this league.  Not a big deal since I won but knowing that he has had great games when he's healthy give me more wiggle room in the future. WR Jeffery will probably get benched this week for me.  He put up 4.7 this week and when I got guys on my bench putting up double digits almost every week, I can't afford to keep him in there.  Of course, I'll hang on to him, I won't release him after 1 bad game.  We get so many points from any position that can catch, you can never have to many good receivers on your team.

     Just an OK game from QB Rodgers.  The last few weeks he has been winning but not having really good fantasy games like he usually does.  I'm hoping he turns it around soon.  Had a great game from RB Lynch.  He put up 29.50.  He's been doing good all season but it was really nice to see him have a game like this.  WR Blackmon didn't have a TD in his game but with so many targets, he made a lot of catches and put up lots of yards for 26 points.  I've been watching players that get the most "looks" or "targets" every week.  Jeffery has been getting a ton the last few weeks, Blackmon leads his team and Garcon and Gordon are pretty close.  Aside from Jeffery, all these guys are WR1s.  And I still have WR Brown, he was on the bench this week and put up 14. 

     I feel good about this win but I don't want to celebrate too much.  I know things happen fast and I could easily lose several games and miss out on the play offs.  My goal, as is every one's goal, is to win it all.  I have a real shot at, not only my division but making some real noise in the play offs.  I can't get ahead of my self.  Where can I get better?  I have to look at RBs.  I have 3 guys that I can start just about every week.  I'm not panicking, I will start RB Woodhead in place of RB Murray this week.  I'll just have to dig around and see if I can find a guy hiding on the waiver wire, waiting to get picked and have a chance at fantasy football greatness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment